Sunday, July 02, 2006

Feet beginning to feel itchy.. !!

4 weeks of boredom.. has finally had an impact on me.. I am beginning to want to go out.. More and more..I have had like 10 days off as Saturdays and Sundays.. and yet.. I sort of properly made use of only one day.. The rest were just wasted. (ok.. I did visit some of my relatives.. and also a family friend of mine.. a mourning in whose house.. caused me to visit them thrice.. [:(] ) ..) But apart from that.. nothing.. Just one visit to a shopping mall.. that too quite closeby.. I've not even set my foot upon South Mumbai.. and I've decided enough's enough !!
The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes "sight-seeing" - Daniel J. Boorstin
..was a quote that I saw at this person's blog, but I've decided that.. I'll start off as a tourist and then graduate to a traveller as I go along.. Atleast the expectations of a tourist will start to move my feet.. Then probably.. I can think of becoming a traveller.. BTW.. That was a blog I discovered recently.. Great indeed.. I just envy that person.. Ok.. envy.. may not be a good word to describe my emotions.. but I hope to become atleast a part of what she is .. !! The lack of company.. is causing a lot of troubles..!! But as the above quote says..I must go in search of people I guess... and they'll be company.. I just need to be well-informed.. just so that.. I don't end up in the wrong company.. to find holes being drilled in my pocket !!

2 comments:

N said...

bombay is such a big city da!
what are you doing hiding in one tiny corner of it?!
just roam around on your own...
you'll find the city pretty entertaining.
i did a lot of travelling and roaming alone. it was fun! :)

N said...

and that Charukesi Ramadurai's blog is awesome da!
wish i could switch places with her!